PURPOSE OF THE AWARD PROGRAM:
To provide a small award of up to $5000 USD, or a mini grant of up to $1000 USD to a 501c3 using conscious and/or innovative approaches to transform challenges into opportunities at the forefront of conservation. Award recipients will receive funding to accomplish a project that has defined and measurable goals that support the mission of Conscious Conservation. To learn more about Conscious Conservation please click here.
CRITERIA FOR SMALL OR MINI AWARD PROPOSALS:
- The proposal must reflect the mission of Conscious Conservation.
- The proposal should specify and clearly explain how the work relates to Conscious Conservation. To learn more about Conscious Conservation, click here.
- Must have measurable objectives which are achievable within 1 year.
- Award funds must be administered to a registered 501c3 organization in the United States. Please note, funds may be utilized in any country where the 501c3 is registered to work. However, funds will be distributed through the 501c3 US account.
- Proposals will be submitted electronically, preferable in Word or PDF format, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROPOSALS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Project Title
- Project Leader & 501c3 affiliation (include website and/or social media contacts if applicable)
- Collaborators & their affiliations (include website and/or social media contacts if applicable)
- Location of work
- Project background
- Project objectives
- How objectives advance or reflect Conscious Conservation
- Proposed outcomes
- Project timeline
- Detailed Budget in USD (small award not to exceed $5000 USD; mini award not to exceed $1000 USD)
- Resources and previous accomplishments that demonstrate capacity to complete the project
Proposals should not exceed 10 double-spaced pages in length.
Mid-Cycle Progress & Final Report Requirements: (information from reports may be shared on my website, in social media, or in newsletters)
- Project title
- Date of report
- Names of investigators
- Start date
- End Date (Final report)
- Detailed budget with itemized expenses
- Summary of the original objectives, list of outcomes in relation to objectives, and description of how they further the mission. (for mid-cycle reports, a summary of activities and progress thus far)
- A summary report (approximately 1 page), with photos if appropriate
Reports should not exceed five double-spaced pages in length, not including photos or appendices.
Acknowledgement of funding should be included in the mid-cycle and final reports for the project, as well as in any publications related to the work.
- September 1 2020: Proposal submission opens
- February 28 2021: Proposal submission deadline
- March 2021: Completion of proposal evaluations and notification of award recipient
- April 2021: Funds distributed
- April 2022: Mid-cycle report due (within 12 months of receipt of funding)
- October 2022: Final report at completion (within 18 months of receipt of funding)
In general, support for a small portion of a larger project proposal that is dependent on additional, uncommitted funding sources, or over several years, will not be approved. If there is a discreet part of a larger project that can be completed in one year with the funds provided by this award, it would fit the criteria for consideration.
Email email@example.com with questions about the application process.
Join my newsletter
For the latest updates on books, courses, and my work in Africa.